Summer Window Display - Let's Go Fly a Kite!
- King County website: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/current-guidance/masks.aspx
- WA State Department of Health website: https://doh.wa.gov/emergencies/covid-19/masks-and-face-coverings
Statewide updated mask order goes into effect Monday, Aug. 23, 2021
OLYMPIA -- Today, Washington State Secretary of Health Umair A. Shah, M.D., MPH, amended Order 20-03 requiring face masks for everyone over five years of age in most public indoor settings regardless of vaccination status. These include places like grocery stores, malls, gyms, and community centers. Masks are strongly recommended in crowded outdoor settings like sporting events, fairs, and concerts where physical distancing is not possible. The updated order goes into effect on Monday, Aug. 23.
There are some exceptions to the indoor mask requirement, including:
- Children under age five years of age. However, children age two to four years old can wear a mask under close adult supervision.
- People with a medical or mental health condition or disability that prevents them from wearing a mask
- Fully vaccinated workers who are working alone or in an area not accessible to the public
- Athletes who play indoor sports and who are actively engaged in competition or practice (masks are still required on sidelines and in team meetings)
- Small indoor private gatherings when everyone is vaccinated
- Children under two years of age should not wear a face covering due to the risk of suffocation
It is important to use and handle masks properly. A mask should fit snugly around both your mouth and nose, and it should not have holes or tears in the fabric. Cloth face coverings should be washed frequently, ideally after each use, and certainly daily. If you are not able to wash it after each use, wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer immediately after putting it back on and avoid touching your face.
In recent days, there have been moments when we happen to have many customers in the store at once so if at any time you find that you would be more comfortable wearing a mask, we will happily provide one for you upon request. Hand sanitizer stations will also continue to be available for all to use.
As for our helpers, while we are all thankfully fully vaccinated, we are planning to continue to wear our masks in the store out of respect for our immunocompromised and under-12 visitors and as a continued safety precaution as we navigate this time of transition.
Thank you for your caring and understanding. We look forward to seeing you soon!
These policies include: requiring properly worn masks, limiting shoppers to 10 customers at a time for the safety of all while shopping with us, offering hand sanitizing stations throughout the store, steaming and sanitizing anything tried-on, and regularly cleaning surfaces with sanitizing cleaning products.
Update August 20, 2020: Great news! We are open in our new space on the 3rd floor of Pacific Place with beautiful wide aisles and temporarily limited hours from 12pm to 6pm every day of the week!
All of this space means we will be able to bring in more work by independent artists - both local AND from all over the US. Some collections have already arrived and we are SO excited to share them with you!😍🎨
In compliance with WA State orders, we are requiring face masks be worn by customers and employees while at The Handmade Showroom and Bezel & Kiln. Complimentary disposable masks will be available while supplies last. And, we are implementing COVID-19 safety protocols including:
1. In addition to requiring masks, sanitizing gel will be available at the door and throughout the store.
2. A maximum of 10 shoppers in our space at one time and suggesting a limit of 30 minutes of in-store shopping time.
4. Cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day including sanitizing sprays, wiping down items and high-touch areas, and using a UV-C light wand for disinfecting surfaces.
5. Limited clothing try-ons for items where fit is a priority. Any item(s) not purchased will be cleaned with UV-C light, high-heat steam, and will be quarantined for 24 hours.
Your kindness allows us to continue to support our artists and helpers while keeping a very personal dream alive. You have our eternal gratitude and we look forward to welcoming you into our new space whenever you are able to visit!🤗💖
Update June 8, 2020: We are considering re-opening soon but have no solid date to announce just yet. In the meantime, we are refreshing displays at The Handmade Showroom and also need to repair the damage we received at Bezel & Kiln after it was broken into and vandalized over Memorial Day weekend.
Please stay tuned and keep up with us on social media!
Making it through this uncertain time has been tough for our small business. If you are in a position to do so, it would be really fantastic if you would consider making a purchase from our online store in the coming weeks.
We are offering free shipping for all orders over $50 and would be happy to ship things to you or to a gift recipient of your choice!
Every purchase you make helps us continue to support our artists throughout the crisis and will help us open once again when restrictions are lifted.
We will keep you up to date here and on social media:
If there is something you've seen at The Handmade Showroom that you can't find in our online store, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to send you photos and more info!
Thank you so much for your continued support of all things Handmade and we'll look forward to seeing you at The Handmade Showroom and Bezel & Kiln as soon as it is safe.
Until then, we send you love and wishes for the health and safety of you and yours.
Air hugs and jazz hands,
Co-owner and Managing Director
The Handmade Showroom (3rd floor) and Bezel & Kiln (2nd floor)
at Pacific Place in downtown Seattle, WA