Jobs at The Handmade Showroom
July 12, 2021
The Handmade Showroom is looking for a new part-time team member to help us share our love of all things Handmade with our customers!
If you are a detail-oriented people-person that loves handmade work and would be thrilled be around massive amounts of creativity all day, we would love to meet you!
Our ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum 1 year working directly with the public in a retail, restaurant, or direct customer service capacity**
- Strong attention to detail with the work ethic to match
- A pleasantly positive personality and affinity for helping people
- A desire to learn all about our artists and their work to share with our customers
- The ability to simultaneously manage both tasks and customers with the knowledge that customers always come first
- A team-player attitude - willing to help both customers and co-workers to make The Handmade Showroom the best it can be every day
- Available to work the following days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday during our current scheduled hours: 11:45am to 7:15pm
Bonus points if you are an artist with experience selling your work at art and craft shows and/or online.
- Starting pay is $16.70/hr with a review after 60 days
- Regular recurring weekly schedule, paid lunch break, and employee discount in both of our stores, The Handmade Showroom and Bezel & Kiln
Please take some time to look through our website and then email us your resume with a cover letter to hello[at]thehandmadeshowroom.com with the Subject line: [Your Name] Part-time Job Application
Must include the following: How you heard about the job, why you love handmade, and what makes you the best fit for our team.
Remember that part about being detail-oriented?
Read the Very Important section again and make sure you send us all the info requested!
All applications will be reviewed, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an in-person interview at The Handmade Showroom.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Co-owner and Managing Director
The Handmade Showroom and Bezel & Kiln
at Pacific Place, downtown Seattle
206-623-0504 store phone
Current open hours: Every day 12pm to 7pm
**If you’ve ever worked at a regular retail job, we understand why you might be hesitant to apply. Corporate retail can kind of suck and let us reassure you, this job is NOT that. We are an independently owned, “Mom and Pop” store that treats our team like family. The good kind of family. Just ask any of our current or former helpers about their experience with us. If you fit the qualifications listed and your instincts are telling you this could be a good fit for you, send us your info and let’s meet!