The Handmade Showroom is Hiring!
The Handmade Showroom is a creative oasis in the heart of downtown Seattle's shopping district on the 3rd floor of the newly renovated Pacific Place shopping center.
We are devoted to providing the best customer service experience while introducing our shoppers to a highly curated collection of finely made gifts by 170+ artists, designers, and craft makers from all over the United States.
We are looking for hard-working, creative, outgoing, compassionate, and friendly individuals who love working with people, are dedicated to customer service, have a natural affinity for details, and a positively positive disposition to join our incredible team of helpers!
Our ideal candidate:
- *Likes people and possesses a warm, friendly, and helpful attitude
- *Has a deep appreciation for artisan handmade goods
- *Has strong communication and organization skills
- Has some experience working directly with retail customers
- Is available to work both weekdays and weekends
- Will be available to help during our busy holiday season
- Reliably maintains punctual attendance regardless of the weather
- Is dedicated to learning about our artists to help customers find the perfect gift
- Has the skill to prioritize taking care of customers while accomplishing daily tasks
- Is able to stand for long periods of time, use a ladder, and lift up to 25 lbs
- Knows how to use a broom, wield a mop, and handle a duster like a boss
*These are our top qualifications for candidates - if these describe you, we would love to meet you!
Bonus points for someone who:
- Has direct experience selling handmade goods to the public
- Is an artist, designer, or maker who truly believes in community over competition
- Has experience with MS Office and/or Photoshop software
- Loves the idea of working for small, independent companies and would like to grow with us
What we have to offer:
- Paid training
- Employee discount
- Paid lunch break
- A truly supportive, creative environment
- A set recurring schedule with flexibility as needed
- The best retail job you'll ever find (trust us on this one)
If you share our passion for quality handmade work and customer service and would love the opportunity to work in a fun, creative environment, please email us a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for our team and attach your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted for in-person interviews.
Compensation: Starts at $17.27/hr with a performance evaluation after 90 days
Current open hours: Store is open every day 12pm to 7:00pm with scheduled work hours from 11:45am to 7:15pm. (Possible extended hours in the coming months and definite extended hours for holiday!)
Schedule availability: 3 to 4 days per week on a recurring schedule.
We are looking for immediate help on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
On the fence about applying?
Everyone who's ever worked with us, both artists and employees alike, have told us how much they LOVE working with us! Give us a chance and let's meet!
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Co-owner and Managing Director
The Handmade Showroom