Now Hiring Part Time Seasonal Holiday Helpers for 2023!
The Handmade Showroom is looking for Part-Time Seasonal Sales Associates
The Handmade Showroom is a locally owned and operated independent retail gift store located inside Pacific Place Shopping Center in downtown Seattle. We proudly showcase the work of over 200 talented independent artists from across the United States. As a company that values individuality and artistic expression, we are dedicated to actively sharing with our customers the artists’ stories behind our carefully curated collection and supporting our artists in their creative pursuits.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic part-time sales associates to join our team for seasonal holiday sales positions with the potential for longer-term placement.
- Greet and engage with customers in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Assist customers in finding the perfect gift item by understanding their needs and preferences
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of our store's products and artists
- Drive sales through excellent customer service and sharing product knowledge
- Handle customer inquiries and issues with maturity and flexibility
- Operate the cash register and handle transactions accurately
- Maintain the store's appearance, including dusting, tidying, and restocking as needed
- Participate in inventory management and stocking
- Collaborate with the team to achieve store sales goals and maintain a positive work environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and punctual
- Available to work during our busiest holiday months (November-December)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Passion for handmade work by artists and genuine enjoyment of working with people
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Love of providing customers with a fulfilling experience while shopping with us
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Experience as an artist, crafter, or maker is a plus
What we have to offer:
- Starting pay at $18.70/hr
- Weekly recurring schedule with flexibility as needed
- Performance evaluation after 90 days
- Employee discount on store products
- Paid lunch breaks
- Supportive and inclusive work environment
We are offering part-time positions with a weekly recurring schedule of 3 to 4 days per week. Our current store hours are from 12 pm - 7 pm every day with possible extended holiday hours after Thanksgiving through Dec. 26th. We are looking for helpers who can work at least one weekend day with 2 to 3 additional days during the week.
If you are passionate about supporting independent artists, have the desire to help customers find the perfect gift item, genuinely enjoy working with people, and would appreciate working in a supportive and creative environment with leaders who care about you as a person, we would love to hear from you.
Please check out our website at https://thehandmadeshowroom.com to learn a little more about what we do then email us your resume with a brief cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for our team at The Handmade Showroom to email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration!
Co-owner and Managing Director
The Handmade Showroom and Bezel & Kiln
at Pacific Place downtown Seattle, WA
206-623-0504 store phone
NOTE: Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. Masks are optional for all who enter the store, however you may see our helpers wearing masks during their shift since we see a lot of different people throughout the day.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $18.70 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Seattle, WA 98101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Tell us what you love about handmade work by independent artists, makers, and designers (your answer is required for consideration).
Work Location: In person
To apply on Indeed, search for: